regionFOUR is a region free loader for New3DS/New3DSXL/3DS/3DSXL/2DS which currently works on on firmware versions 9.0 through 9.8 (including 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, 9.6 and 9.7). It also allows you to bypass mandatory gamecard firmware updates. It currently requires that you own a copy of Cubic Ninja from your region in order to run. To see it in action, look no further.
1. Go to the get regionFOUR section of this page and enter your console's firmware version.
2. Hit submit; you should get your very own regionFOUR QR code.
4. Make sure your 3DS's wifi connection is enabled and connected to the internet (this is important!).
5. Start CUBIC NINJA on your console, choose "Create", then "QR code", and finally "Scan QR code".
6. Scan the QR Code. This step might take a couple tries; make sure you fill up as much of your 3DS's screen with the QR code. If scanning the QR code returns to menu with an error, try a few more times.
7. Follow the on screen instructions. You may choose not to install the exploit to your gamecard's savedata, though doing so is not recommended.
8. Once regionFOUR is ready, you will be prompted to insert your out-of-region gamecard. Simply remove the Cubic Ninja gamecard, insert your gamecard and press START.
9. OPTIONAL - once the regionFOUR is installed to your gamecard, just go back to the "QR code" menu and it'll run automatically!
Select your console's firmware version (only select NEW if you are running this on a New 3DS (XL)) :
For more information on regionFOUR, and its source code, please visit its github page.